Rss Feed
  1. For Jews Who Love Chickens...

    Sunday, December 6, 2009

    It can be tough being Jewish during the holiday season. Especially in North Carolina. ESPECIALLY when looking for wrapping paper. Last year I was close to making a scene at my local Target. It went something like this...

    Me: "Do you have any Chanukah wrapping paper?"
    Employee: "What?"
    Me" (In my head) "The Festival of Lights, put on your yalmulke, c'mon, surely I'm not the only Jew who's come in the store."
    (What I really say) "Wrapping paper for Chanukah?"
    Employee: Doug, do we have any...um..."
    Me: "Chanukah wrapping paper?"
    Doug: "There's a display on an endcap at the front of the store."
    Me: (In my head) "Yeah, I saw where you put your crappy plain white paper and crappy plain blue paper together in a display and called it the Chanukah section. Do you think people who aren't Christian don't care what their presents look like? We don't even have a tree to dress them up! Give us a break!"
    (What I really say) "Thanks, I'll take a look."

    So, with Chanukah just around the corner this year, I had to share the great paper I found through Pristine Planet. Pristine Planet features lots of eco-friendly gift wrap. They won even more points with me by featuring 'Hanukkah Chickens Gift Wrap.' It comes from the Zola Shop and is made with vegetable-based ink on 100% post-consumer, chlorine-free paper and is made in the U.S. using renewable energy. And it's Chanukah paper with chickens on it!!!

    Even with lots of Chanukah wrapping to choose from, how many variations of Stars of David and menorahs can you have? This was a welcome break from the norm!

  2. 2 comments:

    1. Love the blog. Can't wait to see if unfold.

    Post a Comment